Wednesday 13 September 2017

Resources - Mapped gpx routes for St. Malo to Santander

Here are my mapped routes for St. Malo to Santander by section. 

I am sharing them not because I think they are the best routes but to possibly save you time. I spend hours on the web searching for routes and in the end plotted my own using a mixture of the Velodyssey (Atlantic Cycling Route or Eurovelo 1) and other routes I found from others.

We camped most of the time with the exception of a few nights so be aware that they usually start and finish at a campsite.

Also note that the whole route from St. Malo to Santander can't be mapped as one continuous route as it contains too many waypoints. I found this out the hard way after hours of hard work failed to saved repeatedly. I then divided it into manageable sections which allowed us to either stop at the end of the section or continue into the next depending on our progress and fatigue!

Warning - Please note that these routes have been plotted by me and I am human so bound to make mistakes. When following one of my routes, let common sense prevail and take own responsibility for your safety! 

All of the routes are available via the RidewithGPS website

Section 1 - St.Malo to Iffendic 

Section 2 - Iffendic to Guenrouet

Section 3 - Guenrouet to Les Boues

Section 4 - Les Boues to Esnandes

Section 5 - Esnandes to La Coubre

Section 6 - La Coubre to Montalivet

Section 7 - Montalivet to La Grigne

Section 8 - La Grigne to Biscarosse Plage

Section 9 - Biscarosse Plage to St Girons Plage

Section 10 - St Girons Plage to Hendaye

Section 11 - Hendaye to Durango

Section 12 - Durango to Castro

Section 13 - Castro to Loredo

Last section to the Los Reginas Ferry






No comments:

Post a Comment