Thursday 17 August 2017

Two days before departure

Welcome to my blog!

My assumption is that this blog will primarily be read by those interested in doing the same trip so for their benefit, I will post as much as possible to help with the pre-planning, the route, the packing and the whole trip. You probably searched online for St.Malo or Santander - or maybe just cycling abroad. Which ever way you landed here, I am pleased you found me! 

Anticipation, stress, excitement - all words that can define my fluctuating mood at the moment.
This trip has been in planning for years now.  To be exact, five years ago we cycled Eurovelo 15 from Basel to Rotterdam and got totally hooked on the the slow motion way to do a tour. Ever since coming back, we've been thinking about what we can do next and for some reason, cycling from St Malo to Santander was our next dream trip. It's been so long ago that we decided this is the one that I can't quite remember why. Might be the French influence as we camp annually in France and have come across touring cyclist with heavily laden bikes, pedalling away under the bright French sun.
"I wish I was them" was most probably what lead us to today - counting the hours down to our departure.

1 comment:

  1. Five years!!!!

    Hope your weather is better than some of that trip!

    ReplyDelete